Learn Mindfulness in 8 weeks
Reduce stress and live with greater ease through this tested and well established 8 week mindfulness meditation program
The MBSR Live & Online course will help you start or deepen your practice and understanding of mindfulness through a rigorous and intense practice and community-driven course.
MBSR is an 8 week structured complementary medicine program that teaches you how to balance the nervous system, quiet the mind, energize the body, regulate emotions, and develop stress resilience. Learn how to clear your mind of thoughts, let go of fears and anxieties, reverse or prevent burnout, and get back in touch with your body and mind.
MBSR has 35 years of research behind it and is recognized as the gold standard for mental and physical health in the field. It can lead to measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, emotional balance, empathy and stress resilience as well as improving the immune response in eight weeks. The course is for anyone who wants to reduce work, family or health-related stress and to bring a greater sense of balance and meaning to their lives and also to manage challenges more skillfully.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction brings the principles of mindfulness meditation into everyday life by teaching specific skills and practices that can be incorporated into daily life to help break cycles of anxiety, stress, unhappiness and exhaustion.
Those who have taken this user-friendly course report feeling more engaged in their work and relationships, with fewer symptoms of stress and also an increased sense of authority in their lives. Come and see how this inspiring eight week course can help you develop more mental, emotional, physical and psychological resilience and well-being.
This highly experiential, participatory and practical course includes:
– Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
– Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
– Group dialogue and mindful communication exercises aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
– Daily home assignments (aprox. 20 – 40min daily)
– Handouts and audio guided meditations and dedicated support in case you miss a class.
Watch a short video about MBSR:
Read my bio and educational background
The 8 week course will provide you a toolkit of techniques and a solid understanding of how to practice them. Each technique you learn may help you deepen positive states, such as joy, or it may help you better address challenging states, such as chatter in the mind. You’ll learn techniques that can be applied in your professional and personal life. They could help you make the most of a pleasant situation, like enjoying a walk in a park. Or they could help you manage a difficult one, like dealing with stress, burnout or difficult relationships with people in your life (including the relationship you have with yourself). For any of these situations and all of them, there’s a technique you can be practicing to heighten your fulfillment, lower your stress and improve your emotional well-being.
ONLINE LIVE Dates: 19th of January – 9th of March (8 sessions, Tuesday evening)
Time: 7.00 – 8.30 PM (Swiss time zone)
What is included in the cost of the program:
– 8 live online sessions of 90min via ZOOM (you will receive all details on how to join the course online via ZOOM after the registration)
– Free access to an online mindfulness retreat that you can attend alone or with your family during the program (value 129 CHF). The retreat is part of the program. See the details of the retreat here
– Free access to the MBSR participants page that includes handouts after each session and audio recorded meditations and a yoga video
– Group dialogue and interactions
– Cost – 690CHF
– The cost of the program is covered partially by some of the medical insurances in Switzerland. You can get a recommendation from your doctor or ask your medical insurance (MBSR /Mindfulness /Achtsamkeit).
Book by email: email@example.com
The MBSR curriculum includes:
– Becoming aware of the automatic pilot
– Creating space for new choices and possibilities
– Being at home in one’s body
– Stress and mindfulness
– Approaching negative thoughts patterns
– Working with difficult emotions
– Communicating with presence
– Mindful living.
Mindfulness practices and exercises include:
– Mindfulness of breathing
– Body Scan meditation
– Sitting meditation
– Mindful yoga
– Mindful eating
– Mindful communication
– Compassion and loving-kindness meditation
Plus informal practices that accompany the whole program.
Who should attend:
People participate for reasons as diverse as…
– Stress: job, family or financial
– Chronic pain and illness
– Anxiety and fatigue
– Sleep disturbances
– Pro active behavior to improve one’s quality of life and well-being
– The desire to live life more fully and to be equipped with strategies and tools for stress prevention.
Learning and benefits:
Those completing these programs consistently demonstrate long-lasting improvements such as:
– Improved health-related quality of life
– Improved emotion regulation, reduced anxiety & depression, enhanced self-esteem
– Reduced chronic pain and physical distress
– Improved productivity and efficiency
– Improved attention skills and learning abilities
– Peace of mind and happiness.
Watch some interviews with former MBSR participants.
Jean-Paul Ballard – Swiss Side co-founder & CEO
“Mindfulness helps me to be more aware of what is happening around me and in my own mind so that I have more control on the choices I make with how I react to the world and myself.
As an entrepreneur, mindfulness practices made a difference between success and not success of my business. Watch here
Selena Betton – Integral Coach, Psychometric Assessor and experienced HR Professional
“Ultimately Mindfulness is paying attention so it is instrumental in being aware of your own mental and emotional patterns so that you can transform them”. Watch here
Katarzyna Kopanska– Scientist, with a background in cell biology and biotechnology
“Mindfulness really changed my life. It helped me to relate different to my own thoughts and emotions”. Watch here
If you have questions, please send us an email. You can make the payment online or you can pay with invoice.